First Information Letter
The Institute of Physico-chemical and Biological problems of Soil Science is glad to announce that traditional permafrost conference will be organized on the 4-8 of June. The motto for conference 2017 is «Earth's Cryosphere: Past, Present and Future».
We are glad to meet you in Pushchino, near Moscow, Russia. The conference fee is 7000₽ (~100$) and 2000₽ (~30$) for students; it covers participant set, coffee and lunch during the working days and the permafrost dinner at one of the evenings (surely with dancing). You can find a hotel at booking.com, or ask our advice. The Moscow is only one-hour bus drive from the venue.
We will speak Russian and English, simultaneous translation will be provided. Abstracts (max. length 4000 characters with spaces) will be published and available on the conference website as well.
The topics will cover all topics of permafrost research:
- Regional aspects in polar and mountain areas
- Carbon in permafrost
- Cryosphere as ecosystem: microbiological, biotechnological and astrobiological aspects
- Permafrost soils
- Permafrost hydrology and hydrogeology
- Physico-chemical peculiarities of frozen ground
- Geophysical investigations in permafrost areas
- Antarctic permafrost and soils
- Philosophical ideas about past, present and future of cryosphere
We plan to discuss actual permafrost questions at several roundtables. Fill free to suggest one to us at firstname.lastname@example.org!
All the information is published at http://cryosol.ru/en/cryoconference-2017.html
You are welcome to discuss the cold questions in the warm atmosphere!